Call for Proposal: Symposium
Submission is now open for proposals for symposia to be presented at the APCG2018, the 15th Asia-Pacific Conference on Giftedness during 20- 24 August 2018. The deadline for submitting symposium proposals is 15 May 2018.
A symposium duration is 1 hour. A symposium should involve several presenters, typically 3-4, organized around a topic of interest, which however related to the following conference topics:
- Policy and Management for Gifted Education
- Identification, Assessment and Evaluation of Giftedness
- Curriculum Development for Gifted Education & Teacher Training
- Programming for Various Groups of Gifted Children
- Neuroscience, Psychology and Counseling for the Giftedness
- Technology for Gifted Education
- Gifted Education Trend in the 21st Century
- Parenting and Families of Gifted Students
- Session title
- Chair (Name, institution, country). This person is the point of contact for the session and responsible for communicating with speakers.
- Discussant or presenter lists (Names, institutions, countries).
- Symposium short description (< 200 words): Abstract should mention the general topic of the symposium as well as all the topics of all individual presentations included in the symposium. It should be carefully written and proofread. It will appear in the online program and be read by attendees deciding whether or not to attend the session.
- Each presentation abstract (< 50 words): This is a very short version of the session description including title, author name, institution and country. It will appear in the print program and be read by attendees deciding whether or not to attend the session.
Click here to see the proposal format: Symposium form
The Program Committee may accept, decline, or offer an opportunity to present the proposed work in a more appropriate format (organized poster session, workshop, or special session). Session organizers will be notified of decisions by 31 May 2018.
If Your Proposal is accepted, cancellations and schedule changes are very disruptive to meeting planning. It is therefore very important that symposium organizers obtain firm commitments from their invited speakers before submitting their proposal. If a proposal is accepted, the organizer will be required to submit an up to date version of the session details and confirmed speaker list.
Speakers are required to register themselves for the conference and be responsible for their own travelling and accommodation expenses. We greatly appreciate the contribution of all speakers.
Online symposium submission click here Submission